Fender Blackface Tremolux
Model/Circuit Number: AA763
Years of Production: 1963 – 1966
Controls: Black forward facing w/ white labels, unnumbered
Knobs: Black skirted w/ chrome center, numbered 1 – 10
- Front: Normal: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass – Vibrato: In, In, Bright Sw, Vol, Treb, Bass, Speed, Intensity – Pilot Lamp
- Rear: AC Outlet, Ground Sw, Fuse (2A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Speaker Jack, Ex. Speaker Jack, Vibrato Jack
- Dimensions: Head: 8 x 23 x 8½, Cabinet: 17½ x 28 x 11½
- Hardware: 14” tilt-back legs, knurled studs
- Handle: Black Strap Handle
- Feet: Glides
- Corners: Corner Protectors
- Tolex/Tweed: White (63-64) or black (64-66) Tolex
- Grill Cloth: Gold (63-64) or silver sparkle grille cloth (64-66)
Logo: Grille mounted, flat (63) or raised, chrome & black, script
Weight: 63 lbs.
- Size: Sealed, 2 x 10
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Model: Oxford 10K5 or CTS 10(For more info, check out the Jensen Replacement Speakers)
~Watts: 35 watts
- Pre amp: 7025
- Power: 2 x 6L6GC
Bias: Fixed bias, adjustment pot
Comments: The Tremolux was discontinued in 1966.
4 thoughts on “Fender Blackface Tremolux”
Pure boner stuff here!
this is extremely helpful. can you tell me, ball park, how much the cab and head weigh?
I need to ship to japan. THANKS! firstname.lastname@example.org
What exactly is the difference between the blackface Tremolux and Bandmaster heads? Is the circuit different or is it just the cabinet that it came with?
Tremolux uses tube rectification whereas the Bandmaster and Concert use solid state otherwise it is mostly the same circuits are almost identical. The input cap to the phase inverter is 500p in piggyback amps and 1n in the combos.