Fender Wide Panel Tweed Princeton
Model/Circuit Number: 5B2, 5C2, 5D2
Years of Production: 1953 – 1955
Era: Wide Panel
Controls: Chrome top facing w/ white screened labels, controls numbered 1-12
Knobs: Black Chicken Head
- Front: Fuse (2A), Pilot Lamp, Tone/Power Sw, Vol, In, In
- Dimensions: Wide Panel: 12¾” x 13½” x 7”
- Hardware: None
- Handle: Leather Handle
- Feet: Glides
- Corners: None
- Tolex/Tweed: Diagonal Tweed
- Grill Cloth: Dark Brown Linen
Logo: Cabinet Mounted, block letter
Weight: 14 lbs.
- Size: 1 x 8
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Model: Jensen P8T, Oxford 8EV or Cleveland 8(For more info, check out the Jensen Replacement Speakers)
~Watts: 4 1/2 watts
- Pre amp: 5B2, 5C2: 6V6 (metal envelope), 5D2: 12AX7
- Power: 5B2, 5C2: 6V6 (metal envelope), 5D2: 6V6GT
Bias: Cathode Bias
Rectifier: 5B2, 5C2: 5Y3 (metal envelope), 5D2: 5Y3GT
One thought on “Fender Wide Panel Tweed Princeton”
Thank you for posting the information of this amp on your site! I’ve been looking for any information about my 5C2 Princeton amp.
Is there any way of getting the amp appraised or do you have any idea what these amps are worth?
I have a Princeton Amp: 5C2 / C1 / Serial # 3389.
My amp needs some repair/work so if you have any reputable repair shops or repair people that you can recommend in Vancouver, B.C., Canada, I would really appreciate it.
All the Very Best,
Vancouver, B.C., Canada