Fender Blonde Bandmaster
Model/Circuit Number: 6G7-A
Years of Production: 1961 – 1963
Controls: Brown forward facing w/ white labels, controls numbered 1 – 10
Knobs: Cream Barrel
- Front: Normal: In, In, Vol, Treb, Bass – Vibrato: In, In, Vol, Treb, Bass, Speed, Intensity – Presence – Pilot Lamp
- Rear: Ground Sw, Fuse (3A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Speaker Jack, Ex. Speaker Jack, Vibrato Jack
- Head: 8 1/2″ x 24″ x 9″ ~ 1961
- Speaker Cabinet: Ported Tone Ring, 21″ x 30″ x 11-1/2″ ~ 1962-1963
- Speaker Cabinet: Sealed, 21″ x 32″ x 11-1/2″
- Hardware: Large Chassis Straps 5 5/8″, Side Bar Clips, 16″ Tilt-Back Legs, Thumb screws, Thumb screw receptacles
- Handle: Brown Plastic Strap or Black Plastic Strap Handle ~ 1963-1964
- Feet: Chrome Glides
- Corners: Chrome Corners with Lip
- Oxblood Grillcloth ~ 1961-1962, Beige Brown Grillcloth ~ Late 1962-1963
Logo: Flat Brown Logo
- Size: 1 x 12 ~ 1961, 2 x 12 ~ 1962-1963
- Impedance: 8 ohms ~ 1961, 4 ohms ~ 1962-1963
- Model: Jensen C12N, Oxford 12K5R-1, Oxford 12M6-4, Oxford 12L6N-12(For more info, check out the Jensen Replacement Speakers)
Watts: 40 watts
- Pre amp: 4 x 7025, 2x 12AX7
- Power: 2 x 5881
- Bias: Fixed; Unadjustable
- Rectifier: Solid State (Silicon)
The 1×12 Extension cabinet produced in 1961 included a tone ring or what Fender called the “Projector ring.” This was employed to “eliminate cancellation of front and rear radiation, thus permitting greater speaker efficiency and optimum performance of the enclosure.”
5 thoughts on “Fender Blonde Bandmaster”
When I was in the United States Air Force, a kid from transportation sold me an old Fender Bandmaster with the one 12″ speaker cabinet for $30.00. I never realized how rare it was. I am so glad that I kept it!
I’m glad you kept it too! What a deal…Is it still running fine? You still own it?
Absolutely!! The saturation, (compression), and sustain is just wonderful. Better than any amp I’ve ever used.
Pingback: Help with Vintage Bandmater amp - MyLesPaul.com
I have a 6G7 A blonde Bandmaster with a the 2 12 cabinet. I am wanting to run another extension cabinet at 4 ohms. Does anyone know if the is is safe?