Years of Production: 1995 – 1996
Controls: Black, forward facing w/ white labels, controls numbered 1-10
Knobs: Black skirted w/ chrome center, numbered 1 – 10
- Front: Steel: In, In, Sweet Sw, Vol, Treb, Mid, Bass – Guitar: In, In, Fat Sw, Vol, Treb, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Speed, Intensity – Pilot Lamp
- Rear: Fuse (4A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Speaker Jack, Ex Speaker Jack, Footswitch Jack
- Dimensions: Combo Cabinet: 22” x 26” x 10”
- Hardware: Large Chassis Straps 5 5/8”, 16” Tilt-Back Legs
- Handle: Black Plastic Handle
- Feet: Glides
- Corners: Corner Protectors
- Tolex/Tweed: Black Tolex or Brown Western
- Grill Cloth: Silver Sparkle Grill Cloth
Logo: Grill mounted, flat, chrome & black script
Weight: 71 lbs.
- Size: 1 x 15
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Model: Eminence(For more info, check out the Jensen Replacement Speakers)
Effects: Reverb, Tremolo
~Watts: 100 watts
- Pre amp: 12AX7
- Power: 4 x 6L6GC
Bias: Fixed with bias adjustment pot.
Rectifier: Solid State
Comments: Repair tech Mike Schway notes:
The Custom VibrAsonic (not vibrOsonic) is one strange amp. It’s very different from the original VibrOsonic Reverb.
Reverb and (lcr-mediated) Tremolo are active on both channels, V1B and V2B have their plates AND cathodes in parallel (but the grids are independent!). I suppose this was a cheap way to get efx from both channels….they could have just kept the basic AB763 design and tied the downstream ends of the V1B and V2B coupling caps together to achieve this and maintain a decent amount of preamp gain to boot. On the other hand, this is supposed to be a relatively low gain amp designed primarily for super-clean pedal steel use and the lower gain from the 2nd audio stage is probably OK for the intended application. Actually, it’s a GREAT amp for pedal steel, but that’s a relatively small niche.
Another really weird thing is they use a 12AX7 for the phase inverter (not a 12AT7). With 100V DC on the cathode, you get loads of inductive hum from that stage. What WERE they thinking!?! (a simple sub to a 12AT7 will help a bunch here). The hum balance control is a MUST for this amp!