Fender Narrow Panel Tweed Twin (Big Box)
Model/Circuit Number: 5F8, 5F8-A
Years of Production: 1958 – 1960
Era: Narrow Panel
Controls: Chrome top facing w/ white screened labels, controls numbered 1-12
Knobs: Black Chicken Head
- Front: Ground Sw, Fuse (3A), Power Sw, Standby Sw, Pilot Lamp, Presence, Mid, Bass, Treb Bright Vol, Normal Vol, Bright In, Bright In, Normal In, Normal In
- Dimensions: 19” x 26 1/2” x 10 1/2”
- Handle: Leather Handle
- Feet: Glides
- Tolex/Tweed: Diagonal tweed or brown Tolex (60)
- Grill Cloth: Brown Grill Cloth
Logo: Cabinet mounted, Script
- Size: 2 x 12
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Model: Jensen P12N(For more info, check out the Jensen Replacement Speakers)
~Watts: 80-100 watts
- Pre amp: 12AX7
- Power: 4 x 5881
Bias: Fixed bias, nonadjustable
Rectifier: 5F8: Mercury Vapor 83 ; 5F8-A: GZ34
Comments: A selenium rectifier was used in the bias circuit. Two speaker jacks were wired in parallel were located under the chassis.
7 thoughts on “Fender Narrow Panel Tweed Twin (Big Box)”
I found this exact same amp in my fathers home after his death. It works amazingly well. I would grade as in very good condition. Could you tell me who might be able to give me a ballpark figure on the value.
hi don, i,m a player for your amp at 15k cash 541 660 5668 thanks john
i would call keith richards manager or John Mayers. i am sure you must know but your amp is like the most valuable fender amp of all time. congrats, your pops had good tone 🙂
J. Bonamassa is also a huge Fender Twin guy, and is approachable sort of. Or at least as approachable, as the pursuit of a vintage Fender amp makes him…ha!
Fender just come out with Joe Bonamassa’s Signature Tweed Twin Narror Panel March 2019.
I will pay 18,000 to 22,000. Thank you